Re: Okay, I'll bite

To: "MG Autos" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Okay, I'll bite
From: John Knight <taoistjd@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 96 08:21:09 -0400
>I don't doubt Paul's statement, from his experiences.  Is this the
>experience of others as well?  I use silicon fluid because I've been told it
>is superior to Dot4 in terms of dryness, and it is also not a paint
>stripper, like Dot4 is, but it takes as good a care of rubber as Dot4 does.
>
>Honest, no flame intended; just looking to hear other's experiences.
>
>Will Zehring

The ammount of moisture that the fluid will absorb is how the ratings
work.  Dot 5 absorbs half that of Dot 4.  It is also true that it will
not eat paint like Dot3&4.

I heard that it did not work with the old pure rubber seals used in
origional/factory replacement Brittish brake parts.  Does anyone else
have similar experiences of good service in BLCs?

John Knight

'73 MGB (undergoing restoration)
"If uniqueness makes us who we are... why be like everyone else?"