Fuel Tank Vapour Seperator

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Tank Vapour Seperator
From: Athleterep@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 13:49:11 -0400
Yesterday I was in the trunk of my 77 MGB playing with a bad brake light
connection when I noticed that the round steel thingy with fuel lines coming
off it on the passenger side of the trunk (which is described in the parts
book as a fuel tank vapour seperator) was barely attached to the trunk wall.
 It is supposed to bolt onto a little metal strip that is offset at each end,
and the other end attaches to the trun wall.  This keeps the part itself an
extended an inch or two from the trunk wall.  Hope this is making sense.
 Anyway, one of the little offset "mounts" is missing and the other looks not
long for this world.  Anyone have a couple of these to spare?  Are they
necessary to allow the seperator to breathe or something?  I know the mounts
are just little pieces of metal with holes in them, but I am very limited in
workspace, tools (not even a pair of tin snips), and ability, so I'd rather
not try to make them myself.

Thanks for the help.

Rick Walden