Re: book reviews?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: book reviews?
From: ken.roach@sasknet.sk.ca (Ken Roach)
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 1996 20:11:29 -0600
>Fellow fiends:
>
>I am trying to find a copy of Vizard's book on the A-series engine, but
>can't locate it in my latest copy of Motorbooks' catalog.  Is this thing out
>of print?
>
>I also noticed the following:  "How to power tune the mgb 4-cylinder engine"
>by Peter Burgess.  This is a new book, according to the catalog.  Has anyone
>purchased this?  What is your opinion?
>
>Thanks,
>Will Zehring

        I have purchased a copy of Peter Burgess' book and I strongly
recommend it!
Unlike the usual drivel that is written on the subject, Peter gives us useful
technical info that is backed up with dyno tests.  Of particular interest is
the
detailed chapter on gas flowing cylinder heads.  This has complete
instructions on
modifying heads for a variety of uses. There also is an interesting
comparison of
the various camshafts available.  This is not a glossy picture book, all of
the pictures are in black and white, but there is also a lot of useful
diagrams and charts to illustrate the theory and method of performance
tuning.  All in all the best
info available on the subject.

        Ken Roach

        '74 Chrome bumper MGB .....undergoing restoration........for too long:(