More books on B engines

To: ken.roach@sasknet.sk.ca (Ken Roach)
Subject: More books on B engines
From: palte@rt.el.utwente.nl (Bert Palte)
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 06:35:19 +0200
W. Z. wrote:

>"How to power tune the mgb 4-cylinder engine" by Peter Burgess.
> Has anyone purchased this?  What is your opinion?

Another book: 'BMC and Leyland B-Series Engine Data' by Lindsay Porter.

Highly recommended.

The first half of the book gives insight in the development of the B engine.
I found it very interesting to learn about the considerations  one has to
take into account when developing an automotive engine.

There are many photographs of its rather archaic production line.

The second half describes how to remove, dismantle etc. an engine and is not so
interesting because most of us will have that info available anyhow.

This book is NOT about power tuning, however.

B.P.

Bert Palte                                       "Elysium" Alumnivereniging
Roggeveld 25                                Universiteit Twente
3764 ZB Soest                              Faculteit Elektrotechniek
tel.  035 602 3949 (thuis)             EL/TN 8223
tel.  035 601 3816 (werk)             Postbus 217
                                                        7500 AE Enschede
<palte@rt.el.utwente.nl>