Re: Silicone Brake fluid

To: mchaffee@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Silicone Brake fluid
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 1996 15:21:11 -0400
In a message dated 96-07-01 16:49:18 EDT, mchaffee wrote:

<< Actually, it was my impression that that great determiner of automotive
 fashion, the U.S. military, was in the process of phasing the stuff out,
 and most likely this would signal the end of the trend. >>

Would one of our Scions in Uniform check the motor pool and see what they use
for Brake fluid these days?  The military did the definitive test on silicone
brake fluid (DOT5) some years back and the test was used as a basis of an
article in Skinned Knucles.  This is the best article so far on its use.
 I've used silicone in my MGs since '89 with minor problems and no, make that
Zero, paint removal which is the best reason in my opinion for using it.
 Lots of club members also use it here with no problems either.

MOWOG the thread that would not die runs a close second to silicone brake
fluid! :-)

TA Terry