Re: Spray guns

To: Steve Foster ZD/KC <erasjfr@lmera.ericsson.se>
Subject: Re: Spray guns
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 10:45:06 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Steve Foster ZD/KC wrote:

> I recently sprayed an MGA boot lid.
> Need etch primer so as to get a good bond. on the alumininium
> A proffesional paint shop advised methat painting isocyanate in
> small doses with a good spray filter mask would be no problem.

The etch-type primers may not, in fact, contain isocyanates.  Ditzler DP
series, at least, does not seem to.  It's label indicates it can safely
be sprayed with a charcoal cannister mask.  I don't recall any dire
warnings on Dupont Variprime, either, but you should check that because
it has been some time since I used it.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910