MGB problem: fuel or electrics?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB problem: fuel or electrics?
From: Dave Houser <mgs4dave@warwick.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 12:55:52 +0000
A tech question regarding my return from Indy.
Noticed that as we went down hills, just holding the throttle at
speed, but not really on the gas, so we didn't run into our friends in
front of us, the car hunted or surged like a stuck Grose Jet giving a
noticed back and forth ride. Going on the flat under power or up
hills, no problem at all; Went like stink with nary a miss.
Backing off the throttle on the overrun produced same condition.

Any ideas before I check out the new fuel pump and carb floats and
ignition?

Thanks,
DAve