Re: goofy guages, weber tuning and Saab stories

To: woodcomp@vt.edu
Subject: Re: goofy guages, weber tuning and Saab stories
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 08:58:36 -0400
Chris:

Sorry to hear about your Saab :(  Defensive driving courses here often talk
about keeping your eye on the other driver, since their actions may be
unpredictable, and to try to see things from their point of view on the road.
 Personally, I prefer to pretend that they're all *actively* trying to kill
me.  Makes me a little overcautious sometimes, but keeps me alive.  So far.

About the Weber:  mine took a while, a few weeks of fiddling, to get exactly
right.  Since I've gotten it there, however, it's been a set-and-forget carb
and a nicely performing unit.  Stumbling sounds like your mixture is off,
probably too rich.  Be certain your timing is set correctly, and then try
working the carb back from its current idle mixture setting a little at a
time.

Luck and safe driving,

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'