TD Gear Ratio

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Gear Ratio
From: bobd@dynacomm.fse.com (Bob Dallas)
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 1996 11:11:59 -0500
My TD is up and runing around the block and I can tell already that it is
geared entirely too low.  I have read messages in the past about replacing
with a MGA's ring and pinion to get a 4.1 to 1. Seems like I remember that
someone put in an MGB Ring & Pinion to acheive a 3.8? to 1 ratio and was
very happy with the results. I am calling upon the wisdom and experience of
the group---Do the R & P of a MGB fit the TD--I know that I can go to a
grave yard and find one of these?? Where can one get a r & P from a
MGA??--without paying out the teeth?
Which is the better choice?