Headrest speakers?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Headrest speakers?
From: Cindy_Jizmagian@bcsmac.org (Cindy Jizmagian)
Date: 18 Jul 1996 16:26:57 GMT
The seats on my 77 B could stand to be replaced or recovered or something.
The condition of the seats became noticeable  as soon as the rocker panels
were repaired, the car was painted below the side mouldings, and the interior
door panels were replaced.  In the immortal words of Rosanne-Rosanna-dana,
"It's always somethin'".

I'm thinking of hunting up some (purists, don't look!) Miata seats that are
designed to accomodate stereo speakers in the headrests .  I don't know yet
if they would fit.  Another option is to have  a customized set-up that would
retain the MG seats and wire up the headrests some other way.  The car is
mechanically regressive with SU carbs and a distributor both from earlier
B's.  It's essentially a daily driver, meaning I drive it to work or running
around town whenever i feel like it.  On long drives, I tend to consider this
car comfortable only if the weather is good enough to make up for other
aspects of the ride. Maybe different seats would improve the comfort. I have
no plans to sell the car; I'd probably choose to live in it first.  I don't
suppose anyone has had any experience with speakers in MGB headrests.  But
I'm sure someone will have an opinion.  Right?

Cindy