RE: Parking MGs on a Sunny Day

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Parking MGs on a Sunny Day
From: "R. John Fagerlund" <rjfager@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 17:51:19 GMT
        While attending college up in Chico CA, I purchased my first '65B
and installed a nice pioneer stereo. I to felt a bit uncomfortable at first
leaving the top down.  So, being an electrial engineering student and having
just learned about 555 timers, I designed an LED flasher circuit.  I mounted
the circuit behind the dash with the flashing LED visible.  It turned out to
be an extremely cheap theft deturant; my B was never touched, even with the
top down over night.  Most theives are not too bright.

        A couple of years ago I purchased a '92 VW Jetta.  The stock VW
stereo has a flashing LED that serves no purpose other than to flash on and
off and look intimidating.

Cheers,

John Fagerlund
rjfager@ibm.net