Re: front suspension bushing replacement

To: The Warped Goat <dedwards@magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu>
Subject: Re: front suspension bushing replacement
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 18:37:52 -0700
You wrote:

>Hello, I would like to know how to go about replacing the bushings in
the wishbone arms of my MGB's front suspension.  I have bought the V8
replacement bushings but do not know how to replace them.  Do I have to
take the coil >springs out of the wishbone or can I work around them?
Thanks.Benjy.

I usually get car up on jack stands place hydralic jack a-arm remove
pivot pin from bottom of spindle assembly and lower jack SLOWLY! I then
separate rear arm of  a-arm assembly from coil plate and remove nuts
from bushing ends. Check spindle assembly side holes for ovaling if
this has occurred replace arms. If not cotinue by wire brushing out
bushing cavity. Now take the V8 bushing out of the freezer. You should
have put them there the day before this will allow them to contract a
little. I use dish washing liquid to press them in with the the help of
a vice and large socket. I don't believe bearing grease is rubber
friendly. Safety Fast, David Deutsch