Re: MGB Chrome Moldings

To: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Chrome Moldings
From: "S. L. Hower" <howersl@ttown.apci.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 16:31:53 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, Christopher M. Delling wrote:

> Just how the hell do you go about doing this?  I can find no
> instructions or procedures anywhere.  The tough part seems to be the
> square fitting found one per molding piece.

  A fellow B restoring friend of mine created a drilling template
  using a set of old chrome mouldings. Heres the trick:

  Take the NEW buttons, and slide them into the old chrome strip.
  Their positions should be pretty well defined on the old strip.
  Using the hole in the button as a guide, drill an 1/8 inch hole
  *right through* the strip.  Carefully tape these on the car,
  and you have an instant drilling template.  Make sure you debur
  the ends of the strips, as they have sharp edges and may gouge
  the paint.  It is best to drill the holes and mount the buttons
  before the car is sprayed.

  Good luck,

  --Scott

   Scott Hower  --> howersl@ttown.apci.com