Re: Hot Foot, "B" limp, Cruise control

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hot Foot, "B" limp, Cruise control
From: "G.J." <johnsong@is.dal.ca>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 09:08:53 -0300 (ADT)
On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, Jim Brucato wrote:

> Ken:
>       So you say you get a HOTFOOT:), Hmm, Tell me about it, I drove my
> 64 "B" to indy and back to NJ. By the time I got back to NJ, I had one
> heck of a heat blister on my right heal, and of course the "B" limp.
                                                             ^^^^^^^^
You get it too, eh?  Is this limp height related or do short guys get it
too? (I'm 6'1")

>       Seems the only solution I may come up with may be to install a
> cruise control (is this gonna start something again). I tried to

My father's '66 'B has "cruise control"; he replaced the push button
washer fluid switch with another choke cable/handle, and attached it to
the throttle.  Used it on long trips for throttle control, to avoid the
"B" limp!

> insulate the inner floor, the underside of the floor and even the
> transmission tunnel, NG, but it is a little better. The other way I've
> seen to make it comfy is to only drive on rainy days or cold days. If I
> can keep my "B's" engine running less than 190 deg it is tolerable.
>       My last idea is to make the car run on batteries :), or to install
> a nice COLD A/C unit to keep my poor foot cool.
>       When you come up with a good IDEA, My right foot will thank you !
> I swear it had to be well done if not burned beyond all hope of ever
> healing. But I seemed to have fixed thy self. Only wish my lbc's could.

Hot feet doesn't seem to be a problem in my 'B, except when I turn the
heat on to take off the chill in the air while top down cruising in cool
weather, when the heat is directed directly on my feet, and the rest of
me freezes!

   / ______/        |   |  Greg A.M.Johnson           '72 & '66 MGB
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dalhousie University
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
   * See the British Automobile Touring Association of NS Home Page!*

          http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html