RE: The MGA that saved the day!

To: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com
Subject: RE: The MGA that saved the day!
From: Ernest Gilbert <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 96 17:37:35 -0700
I have never understood the complaints about MG's and their reliability. I
drove my first A coupe about 200K miles, including San Diego to Michigan in 51
hrs each way, and only had one failure that let me down completely. The coil
went out suddenly. In fact almost all of my friends in those days drove lbc's
as their only car and uncertainity was not a topic of discussion.

My present 67 BGT has had problems that made me take it off the road, but none
that kept me from getting home, and always because of deferred maint. from the
dpo which I had not sorted out yet, or my own improper maint.

Lucia has been driving a 70 BGT that came from a junk yard almost daily for 4
years now. Her only problem was a stuck thermostat in all that time.

It is my theory that the MG is actually over reliable when in good condition
which promotes a habit of deferring proper maint. which can lead to an
unreliable car.

Ernest