Re: Hard starting warm engine

To: railroad@itw.com, mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hard starting warm engine
From: "Keith R. Bennett" <bubblegum@peppermint.win-uk.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 16:37:06

>Hey!
>
>Anybody got any good thoughts about why my 1275 cc Midget doesn't want
>to restart when it's warm?  The engine's not overheated, maybe 170 F
>when switched off.  The thing that jumps to mind is vapor lock.  Does
>that seem likely?  By the way, what is vapor lock?

(Rest chopped)

>Any (serious) suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
>
>--
>Glen R. Wilson
>Southeastern Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Here we go again! This is a common problem with LBC's where the
fuel feed lines pass close along the engine. Especially during
hot weather you may find that the fuel is evaporated before
reaching the carburettor. Re-route the fuel feed lines away from
the engine. Remember LBC's are designed for our cold climate here
and not for the Mojave Desert!

Kind regards from:   | Alternative E-mail  | Send your personal
KEITH BENNETT        | address located at: | communications by
No.22  LU7 7PN       |                     | E-Mail. It's cheaper
Bedfordshire England | Western666@aol.com  | and quicker too!