Questions about Suspension Upgrade Kits

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Questions about Suspension Upgrade Kits
From: "Melissa Mann" <ccqetst2@best.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 16:39:14 -0700
I have an '80 MGB, and I've heard what *everyone* says about the handling of
rubber
bumper B's.  Well, I agree that it could handle better, and it seems that I
have a
plethora of upgrading options.  BTW, I use this car as my daily driver, and I
don't plan to
do any form of racing.  I'm just looking for something that will make my car
handle
nicer in the foothills.

Has anyone upgraded a late model B with the Moss stage 1 and 2 kits?  Is it as
simple
as following the instructions that come with the kit, or do you have to buy
other parts
and improvise?  Did the upgrade noticably improve the handling, or were you
disappointed?

Has anyone tried the Moss Coil Over Suspension Conversion?  It seems a bit
pricey at
$770, but is it worth it?  The catalog blurb says it will make the car handle
like a new
Jag, but I wasn't born yesterday and don't believe everything I read.  But then
again,
Lindsay Porter highly recommended it in his DIY Restoration book.  What do you
think?  Does it handle great?  Does it handle too great and totally lose the
MGB feel?

Are there other suspension upgrade options I should look into?

Thanks in advance for any insight/advice you can offer.

-- Melissa Mann
1980 MGB