RE: Flashing LED Circuit (Dumb-theif deterrent)

To: mgs-owner <mgs-owner@autox.team.net>, mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Flashing LED Circuit (Dumb-theif deterrent)
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 15:57:00 -0700 (PDT)
I always leave my top down. The only problem I have is people leaving
garbage on the seat. These are the people that say," I don't want to litter,
I'll just leave it neatly on his seat and he'll throw it out for me." God
help the first guy I catch... Anyway, I have a detachable face CD player and
I never leave anything in the car. Once, some idiot tried to remove the lock
cylinder from the glove box. Somewhere in the middle he discovered all that
you had to do was push the button to find nothing inside.

I've pretty much decided to get a proximity bubble type alarm for the car
just to keep people from getting close enough to leave trash and to keep
kids out. I'm really afraid that a kid will get in there and release the
emergency brake and wind up in traffic. Once, I saw my neighbor's kids
playing near the car. When I went to go drive it, it had been left in fourth
gear. The flashing LED seems like a good idea if your worried about theft. I
rely on a hidden fuel pump cutoff switch. By the time the car runs out of
gas they will not be in a place where they can work on the car conveniently.
I also only have to search a two block radius to find it. I know this
because I forgot to turn it back on a bunch of times when I first put it in.

Chris Reichle