securing a car inside a truck

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: securing a car inside a truck
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 11:36:21 -1000
Okay, I'll be saving the coasting for when I ride my bicycle, and will be
keeping the MG in gear while descending mountain passes.  Now I have a
different question.

The Question:  How would you secure a car inside of a U-Haul or Ryder
moving truck?

I may be helping a friend move east a few thousand miles (2048 +/- 150) and
will probably take the Midget for the return trip.  My friends car will go
onto the auto-trailer, and my Midget will go into the back of the truck.
Her household will go into the front half of the truck box.  So, with no
tie-downs on the floor of the truck box, how would you secure the car from
bouncing around too much.  Should I build a wooden frame/platform?

Since this isn't too MG related, probably reply directly to me at
mike_j2@sfov1.verifone.com

Plans may change, but for now this is my plan, unless I buy that 35' school
bus (but that's another story).

Mike (too many variables) Jaquet
mike_j2@sfov1.verifone.com