My engine test results.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: My engine test results.
From: fisherk@gas.uug.arizona.edu
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 14:48:26 +0000
As many of you know due to my recent posts I have recently acquired a
78' MGB. It had been sitting for 5 years and I have cleaned it up and
re-built the carb. After hand cranking the engine to make sure it was
lubed good and also spraying light oil in the intake manifold, I
turned the key and it started right up. Last night I adjusted the
autostart on the carb (thanx to Chris Delling for the book! Chris the
check really is in the mail :)  ) I did a compression test and I got
these results    Cly #1 158psi #2 160psi #3 160psi #4 160psi.
According to the book the high compression is 160. I guess that this
is really good. Does this mean that the engine is in good shape
mechanically or is there something that could be wrong that could
cause false readings? Thanx for all of the responses to my earlier
posts! Ive decided to just buy a real alternator and fuel pump. Again
thanX!

"The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million,
they were the worst too. The third ten million I didnt enjoy at all. After
that I went into a bit of a decline."
 - Marvin reflecting back on his 576,000,003,579 year career as Milliways' car
park attendent.
Keith Fisher Fisherk@GAS.UUG.ARIZONA.EDU