Re: Smog law protest

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smog law protest
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 96 19:59:22 GMT
>To: Everyone who has a car over 5 years old, British or American and wan=
ts to
>keep driving it in CA or the US. A must read. There IS something you can=
 do
>about it. Below are some posts that should get your interest. In additio=
n to
>them, NJ already has a law in effect that outlaws all cars over 5 yrs =
old by
>making the smog requirements so strict that NONE can pass them. CA and =
the
>FEDS are about to follow suit. They are trying to SNEAK this by us. Very=
 hard
>to find out the info in time to stop it.

I was more than a little surprised to see in a program on a UK TV program=
 on
the Mustang recently that your President still owns and occasionally driv=
es one
that he has had from his college days.  Has anyone EMailed him/White Hous=
about these impending laws?

Here in the UK there were rumours that the Government were to introduce =
'continuous licensing' system whereby owners would have to pay the annual=
 160
sterling Road Fund licence on every car they owned whether is was on the =
road
or not.  The classic car movement mobilised with the result that cars ove=
r 25
years old are now zero rated and don't have to pay anything at all.  Surp=
rising
enough, but even more so when one realises that the 'continuous licensing=
' law
wasn't introduced anyway!

Of course, the paranoics amongst us are now convinced that separating the=
 25+
cars out from the herd is just a prelude to inflicting something much wor=
se on
us.

Paul H.