Re: Rebuilt HD shocks

To: BDurgin1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Rebuilt HD shocks
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 13:43:33 -0400
BDurgin1@aol.com wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Been following the thread on the rebuilt shocks leaking after  a few thousand
> miles.
>
> Out on my workbench are 4 new "rebuilt" HD shocks for my '64 B. I'm debating
> putting them in now...this is not a job I want to do twice. Removing those
> coils is a pain in the butt.
>
> How about some more experiences with rebuilt shocks. I can probably return
> them at this point.
>
> Put these in or buy new shocks and add the HD valves?
>
> Bruce Durgin
> '64 B

Bruce-

I bought a set of re-built fronts for my B.  I got them through
Northwest Import - can't say I know their source.  After two years and
more than 5000 miles I can say both are holding up micely.  The only
complaint is that whoever did the re-build didn't paint the lever are
after sandblasting.  When the shocks arrived, the paint on the shock
bodies matched the clean grey on the shack arms perfectly.  Now the
shock arms are rusty.  Structually not a problem, but ugly nonetheless.