the good ole days

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: the good ole days
From: pbailey <pbailey@qnet.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 1996 13:27:51 -0700
What? comparing what I said with whuppin' slaves is ridiculous.I for one
think the automobile has done much more good than harm,while I tend to agree
you wouldn't like another forest to be cut down You certainly like
to drive there don't you?Look at the turn of the century where the average
worker had to live within walking distance or close enough to take a
streetcar to work,he had no freedom as we know it We are very lucky to be
able to work and live pretty much where we please.As for blaming the car for
traffic jams why not put the blame where it belongs on all the people who
have to work 9-5 instead of varied hours,why does all the work or most of it
have to be in big cities?with our mobility we could have offices anywhere or
even in your home.Why do they keep building skyscrapers downtown where all
those people have to drive down there to work?This is the problem not the
car.As for your statement that you could occasionally drive your LBC,you
would be happy with that?Whats next designated drive LBC days ..Do I have to
get a permit?make reservations?Back in the 60s I rode public transportation
in San Francisco...I hated it...and back then it was clean,cheap, on time,
not crime ridden as today..no thank you I'll keep putting around in my MG as
long as I can but I am afraid that people with your point of view will
eventually take over and the we will all have to sacrifice for
AMERIKA...KEEP IT CLEAN
COMRAD....RIDE THE BUS BE A GOOD LITTLE CITIZEN...COMRAD....

Pat(they will have to pry my dead cold fingers off my steering wheel)