Got one!

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Got one!
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 22:06:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 20 May 1996, Unger, Larry @ MAN wrote:

> >... Turns out to be a 1960 MGA and it's the most beautiful car
> >I've ever seen!
> >
> ... nope ... a '61-62 MGA MkII is the most beautiful car that
> you will ever see <vbg>.

Sorry, gotta disagree here, the '60 MGA sitting in my driveway, with the
big scratches in the paint and no interior and no brakes, is the most
beautiful car I've ever seen <vvbg>.  Yep, after looking and whining for
what seems like forever, I bought a car!  It was the coolest thing, I
bought it off a trailer in front of my house from a door to door MGA
salesman, sort of.  This guy knew I was looking for a car and decided to
pull his MGA out of storage and sell it to raise money for the '49 YT
restoration he is starting.  So on his way home with the MGA he
stopped here and... history.  Anyway, the car has been stored for 10
years and he had to do a lot of work on it to get it going: starter, fuel
pump, master cylinder, wheel cyliinders, clutch, new distributer cap...
The brakes are still very weak and require several pumps.  We ordered
new flex hose,  should this fix the problem?  He bled the brakes twice,
and each time they worked for a while but...  Anyway, don't wanna ask a
lot of questions now, just fishing for some pats on the back.

Tom