Re: The relative importance of Starters

To: barry@whithog.net
Subject: Re: The relative importance of Starters
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 01:02:24 -1000
>Are there particular issues with new vs rebuilt.

Sort of comes down to cost vs comfort.  How comfortable are you with the
rebuilder's work and how much can you afford to pay?  I've found an
electric rebuild shop within a half mile of where I work that does
excellent work, plus they do the rebuilds for several automotive shops and
car dealers in the area.  I save at least $20 or more each time I take them
work.  Over the last several years they've rebuilt several starters and a
few alternators plus one generator off an old Oliver tractor for me
and I have no complaints about their work.

Rebuilt has always been fine for me "IF" the rebuilder does a good job,
otherwise I'd recommend new parts if you can afford them.  The shop I
go to is here in Auburn California in case anybody is interested.

Mike (your mileage may vary) Jaquet