Wire noises

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire noises
From: erasjfr@lmera.ericsson.se (Steve Foster ZD/KC)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 96 15:11:29 +0200
Hi,
I get a sort of chuffing noise from my rear wheels when under brakes and
turning at the
same time.
The rear left chuffs when braking and turning right and the right vice-versa.

There is also some clunking when unsmoothly accelerating/lifting off in low
gears.
This dissappeared when I swopped the rear around but came back soon.

Neither seem sloppy when jacked up and the noise is definintely from the wheel.
I have 72 spoke 15" rims, standard width.

Am I looking at a wire's overhaul? Maybe I can get a new set of enamelled wires
for Xmas
(I'm not a chrome wires person).

/Steve MGA Sweden.