Re: Overdrive Transmission

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive Transmission
From: taylorts@syr.lmco.com
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 96 15:22:43 EDT
> Members of the list, lend me thy wisdom.  I am contemplating a swap to
> an overdrive transmission for my B.  I have recently located two
> different transmissions, one used, one rebuilt.
>
> Used overdrive transmission.  $300.  From a '73 B.  Only info I have got
> is that "it was working when it came out of the donor car".
>
> Re-Built Transmission.  $900.  Guaranteed.  From a '77B.
>
> Anyone have experience (good or bad) buying a used transmission like
> described above?  I've gotten some advice recently that has me second
> guessing buying used.  Then again, my money tree hasn't borne much fruit
> this season.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Chris Delling

I bought a used O/D transmission for my B for $300.00 from a foreign
junk yard up in MN. afew years ago.  They showed me the car it came out
of 1973 with 46K miles on it.  All I had to do is re-wire it to work in
my 1980.  I bought the swith for the shifter and a new cap and you can't tell
it from factory, unless of course you look under the car.  For what it's
worth....Todd          Don't for get to get the drive shaft from them also...

The junk yard was great, don't remember the name but it was in Osseo, MN
does anybody have any info on this place??  Had all kinds of stuff all
label on racks.....