MGB to bodyshop, finally.

Subject: MGB to bodyshop, finally.
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 08:33:38 -0400 (EDT)
  Just a little note to all you friends following along with my MGB
restoration- After a few weeks of calling the bodyshop guy and having him
say, "No, no, we can't take the body yet, we're still really busy" he
finally said last night, "Yeah, sure, we'll send a truck right over."
  This, of course, took me completely by surprise.  So I rushed out to buy
one of those one use cameras, as I hadn't gotten any pictures of the body
before it left, and I scrambled around under the car trying to hook up the
hand brake last minute for them, panicked when at first I couldn't find the
bonnet (how does one lose a whole bonnet?), cringed when the tow guy
attached big rusty tow-hooks to my freshly painted suspension parts and
finally away it all went on the flatbed.
  I thought back to the year's worth of work I've put into it so far, and
waited to hear the <scrreeeachhh... BLAM> as some large vehicle plows into
the flatbed at the first intersection.  But no, perhaps that tragedy is
waiting till I plunk down the money to pay for the bodywork, or till the
car's maiden voyage :-)
  I've got a friend who, while driving along care free one nice spring day a
few years ago, slammed his Toyota right smack into the side of a freshly
restored MGA on its maiden voyage... the owner was just slightly less than
pleased.  And I think it was Bob Lang who was telling me about a guy who
went through the restore/crash/restore/crash cycle on a TR3 several times in
quick succession.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation