movin' to California

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: movin' to California
From: karl best (Karl Best) <KBEST@novell.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 11:06:40 -0600
I'm going to be moving to the bay area probably early next month. I've
got a couple of questions:

1) I'm assuming my '57 MGA will be exempt from smog check; is there
anything else I have to do other than just re-registering it? How much
is it going to cost? And how long can I put that off? The current
(Utah) registration doesn't expire until next summer, and it's a
weekend driver only; any chance I can put off the registration until
next year (and claim I'm just a visitor if asked before then)?

2) I need some club recommendations. I'll be living in Milpitas.
What's a good friendly club with weekend drives and occassional
technical workshops?

thanks
</karl>
Karl F. Best
Sr. Online Doc Consultant                      God: Oh, don't grovel!
Novell Corporate Publishing Services           Arthur: Sorry!
Orem, UT   801-222-7517
kbest@novell.com                              '57 MGA roadster
Novell rep to ANSI X3V1.8, ISO/IEC-JTC1/SC18/WG8, Davenport, SGML Open