Re: Broken MGA throttle cable(s)

To: rwg1@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Broken MGA throttle cable(s)
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:05:56 -0400
In a message dated 96-08-09 16:09:12 EDT, rwg1@cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
writes:

<< Hmm- this shouldn't happen that often. I once had a bike cable that did
that.

 Check the angle of the cable vs the housing- make sure the cable exits
straight, and doesn't bind against the housing, causing excess wear, or metal
 fatigue by bending sharply everytime it moves. >>

Yeah, the alignment looks good.  Only thing I can figure is that the little
trunnion at the interior throttle arm is binding on the arm so it bends the
cable back and forth with each cycle of the throttle.

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA