Clutch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch
From: fisherk@gas.uug.arizona.edu
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 08:04:46 +0000
I am in the process of getting my 78 MGB on the road. I rebuild the
master clutch cly. last night and bleed it. When I push the clutch
pedal in I feel no resistance for the first 1/2 to 2/3 of the way
then ressistance at  the bottom end of movement. But the clutch dosnt
disengage. I looked underneth while someone else pused the clutch in
and can see the slave move about 1 inch. Is this as far as it moves
or should it move farther? Could the clutch be seezed? The car as
been sitting for 5 years. thanx for any advice. Also can I pull the
tranny on a 78 without pulling the engien? I can see that the
crossmembers are bolted on not welded. Will this alow you to pull the
tranny? Thanx!
Keith
78 MGB

"The first ten million years were the worst and the second ten million,
they were the worst too. The third ten million I didnt enjoy at all. After
that I went into a bit of a decline."
 - Marvin reflecting back on his 576,000,003,579 year career as Milliways' car
park attendent.
Keith Fisher Fisherk@GAS.UUG.ARIZONA.EDU