Armstrong Starters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Armstrong Starters
From: erasjfr@lmera.ericsson.se (Steve Foster ZD/KC)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 96 09:49:21 +0200
This thread should be called Strongarm starters.

When I got my A there was no starting handle.
A good autojumble solved that.
I use it to set the valve gear and have also used it to start the car.
You description is good Barney,  the thumb bit is very important or a backfire
with
dislocate it.
The A has a very long handle. It does give the same feel as a car 100% designed
for
crank starting (vintage cars).

If you are going to try a crank start for the first time do it with the engine
hot.
It will catch better and the oil is nice and thin.
A cold winters morning would probably never see your LBC go on crank alone.

/Steve