X-post:Q valve spring rates

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net, mini-list@autox.team.net
Subject: X-post:Q valve spring rates
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HP-USA-om11.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 96 08:31:02 -0400
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
          Fellow scions and minions:

          I vaguely remember seeing a chart that listed valve spring
          rates by colour. It did not fall readily to hand. I checked
          in ghod's book and couldn't find any reference.

          So, here's the deal: I wound up (pun intended) with two sets
          of valve springs. One is blue outer with white inner. The
          other is orange outer with natural (unpainted) inner. Both
          sets came with a 1275s (12g940) head (with, not assembled
          to.) So, how does one find the spring rates without a
          cumbersome machine. Or, does anyone have a copy of a chart
          that lists valve spring rates by colour?

          The head is going to go on a 1275 which will go into me
          bugeye. Eventually. The current project is to upgrade the
          brakes on the 850 mini. (thank you, Marcel.)

          Alan