loss of power

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: loss of power
From: "Bruce.Milne" <bruce.milne@fulcrum.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 13:37:43 -0400
To all of you carb experts;

Here in Ottawa, Canada, we recently had a spell of very hot, humid
weather, followed by a bout of serious, heavy rain.  We are now back to
20-25 degrees, normal humidity, but my previously-well-adjusted 71 B is
now coughing and almost dying under load (sporadically).  This only
seems to happen once the car is warmed up a bit.  Interesting to note
that a friend just converted his 78 Spitfire to twin SU's, and is
experiencing the same symptoms.  Any insights, anyone?  I have drained
the float bowls in case there was residual water, and have checked the
distributor and wires.  Where next?!

Bruce
2-71 MGB's

gbmilne@magi.com