[MG] Lucas strikes again!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [MG] Lucas strikes again!
From: Bert.Otten@nni.nl
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 11:30:05 +0100
Hi fellow listees,

The weather was beautiful in Holland yesterday, in fact the last
couple of days were about 85 F. So after work I went with a
girlfriend to the beach, with is about 20 miles from where I live.

We had made an appointment with some other friends, and it was a
really nice evening.

On our return I started the car up, and turned on the lights. Then it
happened:
City lights were fine, but when I turned on the Dim Headlamps all
lights, even the radio, went out. The engine kept running however.
When I used the headlamp dip switch the main beam headlamps worked
allright, bringing back the panel lights, rear lights and so on.
So I drove home last night alternatively using the city lights and
the main beam. I haven't looked at it closely at the moment but I
guess that I'll probably have a short somewere. So my question is...:
Does anyone have a slight hinch in what the problem can be? All
knowledge is welcome.

Oh yeah, I've got the push/pull type lighting switch and an extra
headlamp dipswitch at the floor. (the standard '66/'67 B setup).

- Please don't tell me that my lighting switch is fried, cause i
can't find the switch in the MOSS catalogue! -

Bert
'66B