Re: spark plugs and carbon

To: <mgs%autox.team.net@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: spark plugs and carbon
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 15:28:32 -0700 (PDT) (22:28 UT)
TINTIN has always dieseled (Run-on), especially on hot summer days.
I mash the accelerator as I switch off the ignition, and that seems
to minimize it.  Some recommend having it in gear and the clutch
depressed as you switch off, and gently letting out the clutch to
stop the engine.
It could be the octane of the gas I use (cheapest possible: 87) except
I get no knocking, even advanced to 16 BTDC.  I do get some knocking
going up a steep hill on a very hot day, but backing off the pedal
a little takes care of it.
I run RN9Y or the equivalent plugs in it.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*A-Mail:   <TUSLER@MP050>                | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: TUSLER@MP050.MV.unisys.com    | "N/A"      '88 ISUZU Trooper*