Trip to Laguna Seca/ Monterey CA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Trip to Laguna Seca/ Monterey CA
From: Jack Baker <baker@mail.islandnet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 1996 18:25:11 -0700
Just to let you know the result of the Victoria MG Club tour to the Vintage
races and Concourse Italiano. !! cars and 22 people enjoyed the camping trip
along the WA,OR and CA coasts. There were days when our goose bumps were
sweating. The cars 5 B Rdstrs, 1 TD, TR8, 1 Honda and 3 As. Troubles, the Bs
had none, one A had A flat a bad battery and a cracked head. The other A
over heated till he removed the grill, then he ran at normal temp. The TR 8
had to replace a fan fuse and the battery. The T had to make a minor
adjustment to the carb. Not bad for 2500 plus miles. We all really enjoyed
the entire trip and were overwhelmed by the races, we are going back for
sure. The concourse, well 123 Fararis ain t bad, but the parking lot was a
show in itself. Wow we had fun, even got a autograph from Sterling Moss.
Thanks to you US folks for your great hospitality.
Cheers
Jack Baker
75 MGB
85 300 ZX T