Re: Hot Rod Terms

To: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Subject: Re: Hot Rod Terms
From: tallen <tallen@csc.sctboces.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 08:28:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 23 Aug 1996, John M. Trindle wrote:

> Channeled: car lowered by modifying suspension components.  Causes the
> whole car to "hunker down".

I hate to disagree, especially with something I don't know much about.
But...  although the car is lowered, isn't this achieved by actually
lowering the body on the frame?  I believe channels are actually formed
in the floor of the body tub, so that it sits around the frame instead of
on top.  If you look at a 30's or 40's F**d and then look at the hot rod
version (unless it's a 50's style Highboy), you will see the frame from
the side of the original, but won't see the frame on a hot rod.

Flame me if I'm wrong, I can take it,

Tom