Brake Light Switch

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com
Subject: Brake Light Switch
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 26 Aug 96 07:01:51 PDT
The brake light switch on a 1966 MGB is operated by brake line
pressure and is non-adjustable.  It is possible to fit the later brake
pedal linkage cover (the black housing just in front of your master
cylinders) from a 1968-1974 MGB.  This cover has a threaded hole for
a mechanical brake light switch.  I know this will work with the
early style master cylinders since my 1974 B-GT V-8 uses this system.
Once you have the later cover and switch in place, just remove the
wires from your old brake light switch and reinstall onto the
pigtails to the new switch.  Adjust the switch and you're done.

This approach has the advantage of staying with all original MG
parts, including those good quality Lucas switches.

Cheers, PK

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com

(916) 355-5162