4 speed vrs. OD speedo

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 4 speed vrs. OD speedo
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 09:25:00 -0400
Fellow fiends:

I'm looking for a "proper" Jaeger speedo for my OD equipped '63B.  It has
been my understanding that the serial numbers, found at the bottom of the
gauge's face ("6 O-Clock, in the vernacular") indicate whether the speedo is
geared for the early OD tranny or the early 4-speed.  Does anyone know the
secret code?  Does anyone have an early car w/od who also knows their speedo
is proper, who would post to me the serial number?  Does anyone have such a
speedo for sale?  What does MOWOG stand for?

Will "Oh, I remember what I was supposed to do yesterday, and now its a day
late" Zehring