Re: 1980 MGB - Limited

To: Mike P <sekim@juno.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1980 MGB - Limited
From: Paul Hunt <on76@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 96 16:50:05 GMT
> Abbington plant closed about Oct 1979, this is where the MGB was made.
> MGB-LE's were made longer than just the last three months of the model
> year.
> The reason I know this is I purchased a 1980 MGB-LE brand new.

Weeeell...

I can only go by what is published in Brian Laban's "MGB - The Complete Story"
quote "And so production at Abingdon ... began to peter out through the late
summer of 1980, with the Limited Edition ...  The last cars came off the line
on 23rd October ...".

Anders Clausager states in "Original MGB":  "Aug 80 Producion of home market
Limited Edition model begins ..." and "Oct 80 End of production".

Brian's book, which goes into why's and wherefore's of the closure in some
detail, also states that the announcement of the factory closure was made on
10th September 1979.

PaulH
73 Roadster (HD&H)
75 V8 (DD)