RE: Book - How to Powertune an MGB

To: "Cram, Geoff" <gcram@wdni.com>
Subject: RE: Book - How to Powertune an MGB
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 1996 13:39:06 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Cram, Geoff wrote:

> Another interesting point: that early-engine 98 hp is brake hp at the
> flywheel, presumably with no auxilliaries attached.  At the rear wheels
> it winds up being in the low 60s.

That is probably true.  However, engine horsepower seems to be the
standard in the automotive world (be it bhp, hp net, hp DIN, etc).  Rear
wheel hp ususally is only considered when a chassis dyno is being used.
In the motorcycle world, rear wheel hp is the standard, since motorcycle
magazines do their own hp tests and motorcycle manufacturers usually don't
publish hp figures in this country (wish I knew why).

                                                           '67 Sprite