Re: Fuel Cut-Off

To: Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com
Subject: Re: Fuel Cut-Off
From: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 1996 12:40:22 -1000
What I've learned about car security is to not have only one system in
place.  For instance, put in an ignition kill, which some thieves will find
and think they've disabled your system.  Then phase two could be your gas
shutoff, causing the thief to get frustrated, but will be found by the
phase two thief.  Phase three could be a time-delay coil short, or delayed
action alarm. Phase four usually involves explosives which I know nothing
about.

Phase one keeps the car in the parking lot.
Phase two keeps the car within a few blocks.
Phase three keeps the car within a mile or less.
Phase four, well, maybe you should just get Lojack for phase four.

I currently use phase zero.  Don't park in high crime areas if possible.
Maybe just a sticker on the window.

Mike (alarmless doesn't wake up the neighbors)