Re: The Priestess, she speak! volumes!

To: thorpe@kegs.saic.com
Subject: Re: The Priestess, she speak! volumes!
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 05:45:27 -0400
In a message dated 96-09-09 21:33:26 EDT, thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise
Thorpe) writes:

<< "Where does that overflow tube bracket go?" >>

OK, so now for my $.02 worth.  For my MGA, I recently procured the official
original style clip for these pipes.  It's a elongated P clip that holds the
two fuel vent pipes with one bolt, the hole being the right clearance size
for a 5/16 bolt.  It's not obvious from all the books, but my succesful
fitting and my best bet is that it belongs under the rear-most bolt holding
the mechanical fuel pump blanking plate on the side of the block below the
front tappet cover and just behind the left engine mount.  On the MGA this
bolt also holds the bracket for the breather tube comming from the front
tappet cover, and both brackets (breather tube and fuel vent tubes) fit
nicely under the same bolt at the same time.

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA