1951 MG-TD value...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 1951 MG-TD value...
From: Peter Ficklin <pficklin@qnis.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 1996 21:08:40 -0700
OK ladies & gents of MG land, I've got a burning question...

  My neighbor is finally ready to sell a 1951 MG-TD that's been stored
for the last 25 years.  He bought it from my cousin about 1966 or so,
and drove it for 5 or 6 years.  It's condition, you ask?  Sure, let's
see...

  It's been about 2 years since I've seen the car, but it's been inside
(covered storage shed), on blocks, fuel drained, oil in cylinders (years
ago), no dents or dings of any major sort, interior fair, top fair,
etc.  He's got spare engine & tranny, and original glass tail lights.

  Any leads as to how much this thing might be worth?  He's giving me
first options on it, since it belonged to my cousin at one time, and
even if I can't afford it, he's a good friend, so I told him I'd see if
I could help him determine a fair price for it.

  I've got a little background in LBC's (the oTheR kind...), and I'd
love to expand my collection a little.  I've subscribed to this list to
get a feel for what's up with the T series, and have enjoyed reading
what I see.  Even if somebody can't actually give me a price, but
perhaps can direct me to a reputable source of value information.  If
there's more information that is needed, let me know.  TIA...

Peter Ficklin
pficklin@qnis.net

"Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder"       -anonymous