Magnette & B-GT for sale.

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Magnette & B-GT for sale.
From: Douglas Gaither <gaither@cybergate.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 96 16:20:48 -0000
I was cruising around the other day and decided to stop into an old
run-down used car lot and ask if the owner knew of any MG's that were
around for sale (thought I might just get lucky).  He initially said no,
and after moment's hesitation said "yeah, I've got an old Mag-a-nettee".
So we traversed the lot (bumper to bumper 40's-50's cars that have been
there for years) to the very back corner.  There it was, covered with
cardboard.  He says it is a 1961 model and was purchased in 1968 and
driven there.  The windows have been busted out and the interior is
totally shot.  There are dents on both sides of the car, and I couldn't
get the door open to unlatch the hood.  He says that the motor will still
turn over.

He didn't know what he wanted for it until he looked it up in the Kelly's
Blue Book.  Says poor condition $850, so that's what he says he wants.
However, I got the feeling he would certainly entertain all offers.

So, if anyone out there is interested in a 1961 Magnette in pretty bad
shape, please contact me via email and I'll give you the guy's phone
number.  Oh yeah, I almost forgot, the car is in Fresno, California.

I also happen to know where there's a 1967 MGB-GT near my house here in
Clovis.  Looks complete but needs attention.  DOES NOT RUN.

  "...Daddy, why doesn't this magnet pick up your floppies?"
           try my homepage <http://users.aol.com/dbgaither/>