Re: AC on A B

To: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Subject: Re: AC on A B
From: jroverca@tiac.net
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 23:39:25 -0400
Bob,

You are right you did it for a lot less.  I bet besides being done as a
custom job that 1500$ is for a new system using the new refrigerant (no
cfc's) R-12 (freon) is now illegal in this country and eventually you won't
be able to legally have that system of yours recharged.  I would caution
anyone that adds AC to their mg to be sure they know what they are getting
as far as the type of refrigerant the system will handel.  the new stuff
operates under much higher pressure and consequently there is a higher
incidence of system failure (so says the mechanic that services our family
car) I have been told that the old systems can be charged with the new stuff
but because of the pressure differences etc, your ac might not work as well.
just a thought

Ross overcash 74B  (I live in Massachusettes where heat is more important
thatn AC!!!!!!)