Re: modern 5 speed gearbox in MGA

To: "'MG list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: modern 5 speed gearbox in MGA
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 1996 09:11:35 -0600 (MDT)
On Tue, 17 Sep 1996, Jean-Pierre Labuschagne wrote:

> thinking about replacing the gearbox with a modern 5 speed, the person who

I can't help you with the 5 speed questions, but there are several people
on the list who will.  I just wanted to use this as a jumping off point.

At what point is it no longer an MGA?  A couple of guys I know have MGB
engines in their MGAs.  I call them "bastards", not that there's anything
wrong with that.  Has anyone built an MGA-RV8?  I think that would be
cool.  In a recent issue of _MGA!_ there was an article about a guy who
had more or less cut down a Corvette chassis to the point that an MGA body
could fit on it.  Interesting.  Fenders had to be flared and engine stuck
up through the hood a bit.

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA (completely stock)          kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.                               http://www.khoral.com
Albuquerque NM USA