Re: Overdrive help.

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mgccnwc-list@eskimo.com, randyr@starwave.com
Subject: Re: Overdrive help.
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 08:13:42 -0400

> Well I just bought another 68 MGB/GT.

- -snip- -

> I have two questions.
>
>  1. How do I tell my Wife. (She doesn't know yet.)

It doesn't matter. No matter what you say she is going to be livid. You
may end up with the specialized group of men on this list who's
marriges collapse when too many MG's are purchased. I hate to see this
happen so I'll do you a favor, I'll by the BGT from you!

> 2. After buying it and taking some more time to look it over it seems to
> have an overdrive as verified by engine number and looking under the
> car. Now the big question, how do you put it in overdrive, there is no
> switch on the gearshift knob like the later models. And how exactly do
> you operate it? i.e. what gears is it used in ect.

Look on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. That is where the OD switch
is on my '67 BGT. It is used in 3rd & 4th. A switch in the transmission locks
it out in Reverse, 1 & 2.

> BTW. Any questions about where something goes or what color is something
> are welcome, This is the first B that I have ever seen that was complete
> "before" being restored.  I do remember someone asking about the engine
> color a while back so just for the record. The 68 is all red, block,
> head, and valve cover. Don't know about the oil pan yet. If someone
> really wants to know I'll go look.

The oil pan is red too!

- -Mark "Always willing to *help* a friend" Jurras