Re: warning against possible credit card fraud -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net, billd@voicenet.com
Subject: Re: warning against possible credit card fraud -Reply
From: Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 1996 08:39:42 -0500
I called a while ago.  They do NOT have all this information.  (Funny thing,
after I called these black helicopters began circling my house!  Hmmm.)

Dan
80 MGB

Gen wrote:
>  > This is for real, I just called.

And found out what?

>  Your name, social security number, current address, previous addresses,
> mother's maiden name, birth date, and other personal information are now
> available to anyone with a credit card through a new Lexis database
> called  P-Trax. As I am sure you are aware, this information could be used
> to  commit credit card fraud or otherwise allow someone else to use your
> identity.

Herewith the included post:

--- begin included post ---

Article 294521 of alt.folklore.urban:

s.com!howland.erols.net!newsfeed.internetmci.com!news.webspan.net!news.tacom.army.mil!news2.acs.oakland.edu!jobone!fiesta.srl.ford.com!eccdb1.pms.ford.com!usenet